Philani Nutrition Centre Trust
Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Project has been addressing maternal and child health problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani's programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. The organisation is committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
Philani seeks to appoint a Trainer/ Nurse Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
- Use the Philani training materials to deliver an interactive training programme for Mentor Mothers, their Supervisors and their Coordinators
- Work with and advise clients on the Mentor Mother recruitment process and support developing an understanding of the crucial elements of the programme
- Screen and assess trainees, provide feedback on trainees to the programme managers
- Ensure all trainees are carefully assessed for competence
- Make training information available to governance committees and funders
- Organise a specific training schedule in line with external funders’ requirements
- Write reports on training packages delivered
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and improve training techniques
- Registered Nurse, Community Nurse and Midwife, post graduate Nursing Education qualification preferred
- Minimum Five to ten years’ training experience, specifically in community, maternal and child health
- Communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Fluent in Xhosa and English
- Computer Literacy
To apply, email your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information about the Philani Child Health and Nutrition Trust, please refer to www.philani.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies