SA Federation for Mental Health
The South African Federation for Mental Health (SAFMH) is a NGO that aims to coordinate, monitor and promote services for persons with intellectual disability, psychiatric disability as well as promoting mental health and well-being.
The SAFMH seeks to appoint a Project Leader - Awareness and Information, based in Ferndale, Gauteng.
Salary: Packages based on experience and qualifications.
- Plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a range of annual, national mental health awareness programmes
- Design and develop publicity, educational and awareness materials and strategically distributing these to raise awareness of mental health issues at a national level
- Write articles for newspapers, magazines and other publications
- Media liaison, including the development and dissemination of regular press releases
- Develop and manage SAFMH’s various social media and website platforms
- Liaise with government departments, partner organisations, stakeholders and corporates about the promotion of mental health messages at a national level
- Collect, on an ongoing basis, information on mental health and produce factsheets, infographics and other information resources
- Develop and maintain SAFMH as a national Resource Centre for mental health
- Budget and project management
- Report writing
- Energetic and vibrant person to drive awareness and the Resource Centre in an enthusiastic and innovative way
- Relevant qualifications such as degree in Psychology or Journalism
- Minimum of three years’ experience at project management or equivalent level
- Experience in awareness programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is essential
- Experience in researching content and conceptualising national awareness programmes
- Graphic design skills
- Literacy and excellent written and admin skills are essential
- Communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in strategy development at a national level
- Project management skills
- Experience and knowledge of the mental health and disability sectors in South Africa
- Strategic thinker and able to use initiative and work autonomously
- Organised, enthusiastic and results driven
- Valid driver’s license
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter and contactable referees to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you do not receive a response to your application within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the South African Federation for Mental Health, refer to www.safmh.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies