SHAWCO is a student–run, nonprofit community outreach organisation, independent from, but based at the University of Cape Town. SHAWCO’s mission is to practice and promote responsible citizenship in the South African context through Health, Education and Social Entrepreneurship initiatives. We create a supportive space for experiential learning and teaching, addressing inequality through innovative and sustainable approaches to community engagement.
SHAWCO seeks to appoint a Finance Administrator to be based in Cape Town.
- Operations management
- Coordinating logistics on Saturdays and implementation
- Financial management
- Stakeholder interaction
- Management of queries
- Recruitment of learners, admission and programme participation
- Academic Analysis and compiling all the results
- Collation of data & drafting reports for presentation to key stakeholders
- Project support and administration
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Relevant diploma, degree or equivalent qualification in finance administration
- At least three years’ administration experience, preferably in a financial environment
- Pastel, invoicing, creditors and debtors (Minimum two years’ experience)
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within a team and independently
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationship with colleagues, students and stakeholders
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and disadvantaged communities
- Attention to detail
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- A valid driver’s license (code 8)
- Computer literacy Microsoft office (word, excel and power point, database management, email and internet explorer
To apply, email your CV, three independent contactable references, certified copies of your academic certificates and a cover letter detailing your motivation which highlights why you would be the most suitable candidate for this position to the Human Resource Manager email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
SHAWCO is committed to employment equity and redress.
SHAWCO reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and reserves the right to make no appointment.
For more about SHAWCO, refer to www.shawco.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies