Community Media Trust
Community Media Trust (CMT) is a national non-governmental organisation which produces media for radio, TV and mobile platforms and implements training and social mobilisation programmes.
CMT seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper to be based at Cape town
- Fill all finance documents
- Obtain, petty cash logs and slips on a monthly basis
- Attention to detail on incoming original invoices and slips
- Accurate coding and posting onto Pastel on a weekly basis according to finance deadlines
- Assist with annual audit file
- Perform reconciliations
- Process of invoices for payment
- Process of supplier invoices on Pastel
- Comply with ad hoc requests from management
- Experience of bookkeeping in an NGO
- Completed tertiary education – degree/diploma
- Two to three years' working experience in the capacity of financial administrator/bookkeeper
- Full Microsoft Office Package
- Advanced MS Excel a must
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Previous experience on Pastel an advantage
- Good use of the English language for oral and written communication
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to work unattended and under pressure
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Honest and reliable
To apply, submit a CV, one page covering letter and a copy of your highest qualification to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference BKJAN2018 in the subject line.
The completed CMT Employment Application Form found at http://www.cmt.org.za/about-us/vacancies (which lists three most recent work references with landline contact numbers and email addresses).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only online applications with the completed Employment Application Form and using the reference in BKJAN2018 the subject line of the email will be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to undergo competency testing and Credit/ITC checks.
Due to the high volume of applications received on a daily basis, please note that correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received a response by Friday, 19 January 2018.
CMT reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity plan and targets of Community Media Trust.
For more about Community Media Trust, refer to www.cmt.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies