m2m is an Africa-based, global non-governmental organisation (NGO) that unlocks the potential of mothers and their families through scalable, high-impact interventions because a healthy generation starts with mothers. Since 2001, m2m has scaled its programmatic platform across nine countries to provide education and support to almost 1.5 million HIV-positive women through its Mentor Mother Model; a widely supported, evidence-based peer intervention.m2m’s peer mentor platform is designed to provide optimal identification and management of at-risk and high-need clients. Through the entry point of engaging mothers, m2m’s family-centered approach integrates services to meet the needs of women, children, adolescents, and male partners. m2m’s peer mentor-based service delivery addresses key determinants of health, increases knowledge and skills among clients and their families, and strengthens referrals and linkages between community and health facilities. Fifteen years of data demonstrate m2m’s outcomes: retaining women and their families in care; supporting treatment adherence for individuals infected and affected by HIV; driving social and behavior change for HIV prevention, care and treatment; and improved sexual and reproductive health (SRH). m2m’s peer mentors work both at the individual level—providing information and linking to resources, boosting motivation and behavioral skills, and building a sense of self-efficacy and control to foster healthy behaviors and skills acquisition; and at the community and institutional levels—engaging social networks, combating harmful social norms, and strengthening health systems.
The Strategic Information Manager will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. Lead activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of activity, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. There are 2 positions, one in Pretoria and one in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of project specific M&E framework and Plan including systems requirements
- Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
- Facilitate data utilisation including guiding routine project performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
- Develop and adapt M&E system in line with Project priorities and organisational M&E framework
- Coordinate project operations research & publications portfolio in collaboration with Chief of Party and project team
- Provision of strategic information for project level decision making in relation to programme performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilisation, strategic positioning and programme design.
- Lead project M&E related internal and external reporting, providing relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Oversight & development of M&E technical expertise for project team to ensure adequate capacity to support project activities.
- Manage project M&E team ensuring adequate staffing and capacity.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance- based programs funded by PEPFAR.
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E systems development, best practices, innovations and international developments in HIV.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources
- Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
- High ability to work independently with sound decision making.
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
- Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 20 December 2017.