m2m is an Africa-based, global non-governmental organisation (NGO) that unlocks the potential of mothers and their families through scalable, high-impact interventions because a healthy generation starts with mothers. Since 2001, m2m has scaled its programmatic platform across nine countries to provide education and support to almost 1.5 million HIV-positive women through its Mentor Mother Model; a widely supported, evidence-based peer intervention.m2m’s peer mentor platform is designed to provide optimal identification and management of at-risk and high-need clients. Through the entry point of engaging mothers, m2m’s family-centered approach integrates services to meet the needs of women, children, adolescents, and male partners. m2m’s peer mentor-based service delivery addresses key determinants of health, increases knowledge and skills among clients and their families, and strengthens referrals and linkages between community and health facilities. Fifteen years of data demonstrate m2m’s outcomes: retaining women and their families in care; supporting treatment adherence for individuals infected and affected by HIV; driving social and behavior change for HIV prevention, care and treatment; and improved sexual and reproductive health (SRH). m2m’s peer mentors work both at the individual level—providing information and linking to resources, boosting motivation and behavioral skills, and building a sense of self-efficacy and control to foster healthy behaviors and skills acquisition; and at the community and institutional levels—engaging social networks, combating harmful social norms, and strengthening health systems.
Chief of Party
The Chief of Party will provide strategic leadership for the Programme. Have overall operational, financial and management responsibility over the programme, link with various technical specialists and will be ultimately responsible for delivering agreed outputs and outcomes on time and on budget. The position will also be responsible for ensuring the programme adheres and complies with all donor requirements and regulations. There are 2 positions, one in Pretoria and one in Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
- Lead project development and execution project platforms.
- Operational and management responsibility for all project functions across all project phases.
- Oversee project Workplan development, monitoring of project milestones and project reporting.
- Accountable for project milestones and results in line with set service and impact targets.
- Lead programmatic aspects of project evaluations and knowledge management in collaboration with Strategic M&E Manager and Senior Technical Advisor.
- Programmatic leadership of quality assurance/quality improvement in collaboration with technical support staff.
- Direct and manage use of project resources and finances in line with implementation plans and within approved budgets; ensuring adequate project controls, processes and procedures to promote compliance and stewardship of resources.
- Line management of Project management team including coaching and mentorship of project teams, building and maintaining a highly effective and motivated team.
- Key donor and stakeholder relationship management and development, including representation of m2m in key strategic forums.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or related field, A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing and leading large development involving multiple partners, stakeholders, and geographic target areas in a developing country.
- 5 five years prior experience as a Chief of Party or similar leadership role of a large program or activity funded by PEPFAR.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience leading a technical activity through evidence and data driven decision making.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community; and Sound experience in working in a senior leadership/ management and/or technical advisory role.
- Excellent experience with managing project cycles including conceptualization and implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to design and lead execution of efficient project operations
- Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with experience managing human resources
- Possession of own car and valid driver’s license beneficial
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience in using MS Office suite and ideally an understanding of statistical packages such as SPSS, Epi-Info, etc
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people.
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Interested applicants should apply for this position via https://www.m2m.org/careers/ by 20 December 2017