Graca Machel Trust
The Graça Machel Trust works across the continent on three issues: women’s rights, children’s rights, and governance and leadership. Our mission is to amplify women’s movements, influence governance, and promote women’s contributions and leadership in the economic, social, and political development of Africa; and advocate for the protection of children’s rights and dignity.
The Graça Machel Trust seeks to appoint a Legal Intern to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: Basic stipend will be offered for the internship
Report to: Legal and Governance Manager
The Legal and Governance internship provides a platform for law graduates interested in working in a mission-driven civil society organization, which is committed to advancing the rights of women and children, to develop basic legal skills and acumen while providing support and value to the Department. The Intern will get exposure to a wide range of matters from a programmatic and operational perspective.
- Assist with drafting contracts and various other transactional documents as well as assist with contract and document review
- Conduct legal research
- Assist with organizing document management system
- Draft variety of legal correspondence
- Assist Legal Manager in responding to a wide range of day-to-day legal questions and issues raised by management and business partners
- Assist in organising as well as sit in various program and team meetings and take minutes
- Provide a wide variety of administrative support to the Legal and Governance Manager
- Perform other duties as required
- Completed a four-year LLB Degree
- No more than Three (3) years working experience
- Strong research, writing, and analytical skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
- Verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally at various levels of management
To apply, submit a motivational letter of not more than one page clearly reflecting your interest in Human Rights law, legal advocacy and civil society, a CV of not more than three pages and at least two contactable references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late Applications and candidates who do not comply with the above requirements will automatically be disqualified.
GMT reserves the right not fill the position.
If you do not hear from us within one month of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Be eligible to live and work in the Republic of South Africa.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about The Graça Machel Trust, refer to www.gracamacheltrust.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies