DOCKDA Rural Development Agency
DOCKDA works to provide opportunities for women in community organisations to enhance their leadership skills through the Leadership Programme in order to improve women’s chances to develop and sustain self-reliance in rural areas of the Northern Cape.
DOCKDA seeks to appoint a Programme Manager, based in Cape Town.
This is a part-time consultancy position, virtual office / flexi time / work from home options negotiable from Cape Town head office.
- Identify and recruit new funders, fundraising for the Programme on various platforms including but not limited to proposal writing, online funding platforms, recruiting volunteers, donations in kind
- Report writing to funders, maintaining good relations with existing funders
- Profile, promote and market the programme on social media and other media
- Manage programme planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain and develop monitoring and evaluation tools, beneficiary and donor databases, programme resources, tools and research
- Identify and conceptualise existing and new areas of programme work
- Manage and mentoring programme staff and interns
- Advocacy and lobbying
- Five years proven track record in Programme Management in the non-profit sector, ideally in the rural contextProven track record of ability to write donor reports and proposals and proven access to potential donors in the sector
- Programme Management (planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluation)
- Communication skills in English and Setswana (reports, proposals, social media posts, facilitation of programme activities) and ability to communicate in Afrikaans
- Social Sciences Degree
- Valid unendorsed vehicle driving licence
- Ability to travel for extended periods in the Northern Cape
- Energetic, self-starter, able to work independently
- Understanding of the legislative environment in the South African context
- Financial acumen
- Computer literacy Microsoft office, Google for nonprofits, social media platforms
- South African citizen
- Understand the primary health care sector of South Africa and experience in the sector·
- Understand South Africa’s National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs and experience in the sector
- Understand Gender Based Violence and experience in the sector
- Counselling and facilitation skills
- Regular travel nationally to Programme office, Kuruman, Northern Cape
To apply submit CV, motivational letter clearly indicating suitability for position and three contactable references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
DOCKDA reserves the right to appoint a suitably qualified candidate/service provider and also reserves the right to withdraw this request.
For more about DOCKDA Rural Development Agency, refer to: www.dockda.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies