Positive Vibes Trust
Positive Vibes Trust is a rapidly growing, leading Southern African HIV, and Health & Rights NGO, with offices in Namibia and South Africa, and with a large international donor base, operating in south, east and west Africa mainly focusing on support to the PLHIV, LGBT and Sex worker communities.
Positive Vibes Trust seeks to appoint an experienced and skilled Project Accountant to be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
This is a full time position – initial 12-month contract, with a potential to extend. Applicants must have a South African identity document or a valid work permit.
SENIOR PROJECT ACCOUNTANT
The main purpose of this full-time post, based in Cape Town is to support the Head of Finance, Admin and HR by ensuring complete and accurate internal and external reporting, including:
- Preparation of accurate management reports and schedules based on information provided by Project Accountants
- Preparation of financial reports for Board meetings
- Reviewing and preparation of summary of internal project reports, providing input on budget variances and project implementation
- Co-ordination of organisational and donor audits according to requirements and deadlines
- Reviewing and approving donor reports based on contractual requirements and timeframes
- Revising donor budgets in conjunction with Project Managers
- Coordination of the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects of varying contract type, size, complexity, and level of risk.
- Monitoring organisational cash-flow across multiple bank accounts and ensuring funds are available as needed.
- Preparation, monitoring and revision of the annual organisational budget.
- Establish a comprehensive control system, including policies and reporting procedures, that insures efficient financial performance by programs and provides accurate and timely reporting to senior management, program managers, and program staff.
Applicants should be based in Cape Town and possess:
- Relevant Degree in Accounting
- Relevant experience: at least 10 years
- Experience in balance sheet and management reporting is essential
- Previous experience in a financial management capacity
- Experience in non-profit organizations
- Previous experience supervising a team of at least 3 people (preferably remotely)
- Advanced Excel knowledge is critical
- Experience in working with and sensitivity for Key Populations
Submit a CV (max 3 pages), a motivation letter (max 2 pages) to: email@example.com
Do not send copies of certificates.
Qualified and experienced persons from the Key Populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 14 December 2017 Close of business
Start date: Immediately