Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
MASIPHUMELELE RESEARCH OFFICE
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our organisation for talented people wanting to realise their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation.
This full-time permanent contract position will be based at Masiphumelele Research Offices in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating socio-behavioural research activities at the Masiphumelele Research Offices provide quality assurance and ensure that research activities are completed within required timeframes.
- University qualification in the social sciences or another health research related field (Honours or Master’s degree advantageous)
- 2-4 years’ behavioural research experience
- 2 years’ experience managing staff
- Prior counselling, qualitative interviewing and/or transcription experience will be advantageous
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP) certificates
- Computer literacy, excellent typing skills, proficiency in word processing( MS Office)
- Project management experience, including experience in developing project management systems
- Excellent and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in isiXhosa advantageous
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Client services skills
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Good work ethic
- Research administration: Coordinate behavioural research activities, schedule interviews and focus groups, oversee transcription, manage adherence counselling, and review participant files and data forms.
- Line management of staff: manage team of lay counsellors, qualified counsellors and social science interviewers by monitoring their performance, facilitating quarterly performance reviews, training staff, overseeing day to day activities, convening regular meetings, and ensuring compliance with organisational HR Policy.
- Monitoring and evaluation of study compliance: create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for social behavioural activities; provide quality assurance to reduce errors and ensure SB activities are done timeously; perform regular QC’s on study documents and transcripts; and ensure that GCP principles are followed at all times.
- Data collection and analysis: assist with conducting interviews and transcribing interview reports when needed; assist with analysing qualitative data and presenting study findings.
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 12th December 2017, Job reference: #DTHF/C111. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only on-line applications will be accepted.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
You understand and accept that, by applying for this role, you authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access your personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za