Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF)
MATERNITY COVER FIXED TERM CONTRACT: END DATE 30TH JUNE 2018
MASIPHUMELELE RESEARCH OFFICE
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
We have fantastic job opportunities across our businesses for talented people wanting to realize their full potential. Could that be you? If so, we invite you to explore the possibility of joining us to play your part in Desmond Tutu HIV-Foundations’ exciting future.
This maternity cover fixed term contract position will be based at Masiphumelele Research Centre in Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town.
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for all activities related to the laboratory at Masiphumelele and to ensure that final outputs and outcomes of all project and programme are quality assured and completed within the required timelines.
- Tertiary education in Science or health-related field; with HPCSA registration as Laboratory Technician
- 1 year experience in a research organisation
- Dangerous Good/IATA training Certificate
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP) certificate
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) training
- Technical knowledge and skills
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Building interpersonal relationships and partnership
- Client Service
- Decision- making and Problem-solving skills
- Resource management skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Attention to details
- Stress tolerant
Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
- Stock and Inventory – management of laboratory equipment and specimens
- Specimen processing: performing of Rapid Tests and reporting results - Processing of all samples and test. Recording all results and completing laboratory log book
- Quality Control – Ensure on-going quality control checks in the laboratory
- QC of Processes, Documentation and Housekeeping – management of lab documentation, laboratory safety and laboratory housekeeping
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification, HPCSA Registration and details of three (3) current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za by 12th December 2017 Job reference: #DTHF/C114. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only online application will be accepted.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives. We reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more information about the organization please visit our website at www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za