Sonke Gender Justice
Sonke Gender Justice (Sonke) works globally and across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint two Human Resources Intern to be based in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
Salary: A stipend will be paid to cover travel costs
Report to: HR Manager
The HR intern will provide administrative and research support and also gain exposure in a supervised environment to all HR functions.
- Assist in the drafting of new and/or amended policies
- Provide assistance in the recruitment and selection process (printing of CVs, screening and shortlisting, contacting candidates for interviews, preparation of interview packs)
- Assist with personnel administration tasks and queries related to pension fund and medical aid benefits
- Provide assistance in the coordination of Employee Wellness Day logistics
- Provide assistance with the organising of staff farewell events
- Assist with administrative tasks such as filing, minute-taking of HR meetings, compiling and distributing of minutes, evaluation of staff personnel files and collating a report on personnel files
- Assist with BEE compliance – collating documents
- Assist in the coordination of the orientation process of new staff
- Conduct research on relevant HR related issues (legislation, etc.) as requested; and
- Perform other related ad-hoc tasks
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Human Resource Management/Industrial Psychology, or equivalent degree; post graduate or other equivalent qualifications advantageous
- No previous experience required, but advantageous
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of South African Labour Legislation
- Written and verbal English skills, and preferably, but not required, another SA language
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact at different levels
- Attention to detail
- Organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise and work independently
- Ability to work well in a team
To apply, submit your CV, motivation letter explaining your fit for this position, including two references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Indicate whether you are applying for the Cape Town or Johannesburg internship.
Sonke reserves the right not to fill this position.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies