The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in Western Town.
The Social Auxiliary Work is for the betterment of the lives of the people we serve (Homeless People). Effective functioning of the social work aspect is pivotal to the success of our organization. The main task is to consult with residents and provide social services to them.
- Initial intake of clients including their safety and care
- Casework and Client Representation
- The Annual Social Work Service Delivery Plan & Reports
- Group and Community Work
- Pension and General Administration
- Shelter and Staff
- Public Relations
- Code 08 drivers licence
- Social Auxiliary Work Certificate
- Proficiency in Afrikaans
- Ability to interact with clients from different cultures and religions.
- Manage conflict situations
- Computer literacy Microsoft (Office Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work as a team player
- No criminal record
- Be in good health
- Experience in the NGO sector will be an advantage
To apply, submit CV and motivational letter to the HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in the subject line host with a social auxiliary certificate, paarl
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you don't receive a response from us within 2 weeks of closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies