The LEGO Foundation
Do you know your way around the South African educational sector, and are you ready to engage and support our partners through great advocacy and communication initiatives? Then take this fantastic opportunity to become a credible local voice on the synergies between play and learning.
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares a mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children’s lives better – and communities stronger – by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners
Help us create one voice on the play agenda
As an initiatives manager, you enter a new position to help establish a LEGO Foundation team in South Africa. Using external partners, we have already built a strong relationship with the Department of Basic Education – but now we need to further strengthen our relationship with government departments and NGOs.
Demonstrate the value of play on learning
Focusing on advocacy and communication, you push our “learning through play” agenda. Part of your job is to demonstrate the value of play, as you help to develop cross-sector dialogue, create commitment from local stakeholders, influence government institutions and work towards the inclusion of play in learning environments. And your role is critical, as it is you who build our understanding of the local opportunities and become responsible for the local advocacy and communication. More specifically, you:
- Manage and expand current collaborations with e.g. national and local authorities and influencers
- Develop a communications strategy in collaboration with the central communications team (based in Denmark) to support the local advocacy agenda
- Implement the communications strategy - including digital and written press, social media and internal communications
- Provide input to advocacy initiative aim, objectives, plans and target audiences and drive advocacy activities within scope, time and budget
Communication skills and local education sector knowledge
We are looking for a colleague who has an in-depth understanding of the education sector and children’s development and learning in South Africa including key players and policies. And as your manager is placed in Denmark, we need you to be independent and comfortable working across cultures and borders.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with and influencing government institutions
- Preferably, you have worked in the social or education sector for many years
- You have a relevant degree within public policy, education or similar
- You are familiar with local policy work and networking among opinion leaders and decision makers
- You are a great communicator who can develop and implement communication strategies
Make a dream come true
If you would like to join our team in South Africa to embark with us on our journey, then please send us your complete application, including your CV and a short motivation letter.
This position was posted 8th November
We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
To apply, enter your application in http://recruitmentsystem.onerecruit.com/615058724D2#xlink