Community Chest of the Western Cape
Stand a chance to be awarded a grant of up to R200 000 for your Innovative Ideas in the After School Space
Are you part of an After School Programme that:
- Improves the retention of learners?
- Improves the culture of the After School Programme offerings?
- Brings diverse learners into the After School cohort?
- And is a registered non-profit agency?
About the fund
The Western Cape After School Innovation Fund has been established to seed new ideas in the extended education sector. It is specifically designed to finance innovative ideas which will expand the cohort of learners in After School Programmes, improve learner retention in programmes and build a culture of extended education in our no-fee and low-fee schools. The fund is run by Community Chest, and seed funded by the Western Cape Government AfterSchool Game Changer.
The fund will only consider applications from stakeholders who have been working in the extended education sector for over 24 months. The fund is not designed to support organisation’s institutional costs but is intended to invest in testing new solutions which will impact the lives of our most vulnerable learners.
- This fund is only open to organisations working in the Western Cape
- The primary applicant must be an NPO/ PBO or similar public good organisation
- The primary applicant must have been working in the extended education sector for at least 24 months
- The applicant must be registered and have a complete profile on Edu-collaborate to apply
- The innovation could be a service, process or product
- The innovation could be large or small, radical or incremental
- The innovation must address an identified challenge facing the applicant or their beneficiaries
- The innovation must present a solution to satisfy one of the three funded categories: expand the cohort of learners benefiting from ASP AND/OR improve learner retention AND/OR build the culture of extended education
- The innovation’s primary beneficiary must be learners in low-fee and no-fee schools or organisations working with these learners
- Management, administration and other overheads may not exceed 12% of the awarded amount.
Supporting documents required
- A copy of the NPO registration
- A copy of your last Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements
To apply click here
Terms and Conditions
- Any decisions made by Community Chest or its partners, including the After School Game Changer, shall be final. These decisions include but are not limited to:
- whether timelines have been adhered to
- whether and to what extent a submission complies with the requirements
- selection of finalists and winners
- Community Chest and After School Game Changer staff may not submit proposals to the fund
- Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to 82 Bree Street Cape Town. Deliveries must be marked Innovation.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the end of January 2018