African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP)
African Fertiliser and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) is an independent nonprofit organisation whose purpose is to work with partners to establish sustainable and competitive private sector led fertiliser markets that provide smallholder farmers with quality fertilisers at the right place and time and at an affordable price.
AFAP seeks to appoint a Director of Strategy and Communications, to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports to: President/CEO
Duration: Five years
Director of Strategy and Communications assists with developing, communicating, executing, and sustaining AFAP’s strategic growth. S/he will focus on accelerating organization performance through cohesive strategy planning and execution, knowledge management and the implementation of an organizational dashboard for impact and organizational effectiveness.
- Lead the development of strategic work plans for the organization, while adhering to direction set by the President/CEO. This includes formalizing and leading the planning process, focusing on long term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence
- Facilitate the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with senior management and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all both inside and outside the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results
- Ensure that appropriate metrics are in place to measure and report performance and progress towards strategic goals
- Act as a key advisor to President/CEO on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment
- Engages external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the industry
- Lead the development and implementation of consistent practices and strategic frameworks across AFAP
- Oversee the development and implementation of a knowledge management infrastructure and leads in the management of organizational knowledge as a strategic asset to further the organization’s goals
- Lead the organization’s approach to monitoring and evaluation with a focus on the creation of an organizational dashboard that can be shared externally
- Oversee key proposal development, high level communications and fundraising activities
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in strategic planning and program development.
- Seasoned professional, with a strong strategy orientation, who has previously work in business development in fast paced and complex environments
- Ability to apply a variety of strategic frameworks to analyze challenges and guide and develop solutions
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience; strong executive presence, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to influence on a global and virtual stage, demonstrating an approachable style and inspiring confidence
- Ability to bridge cultural boundaries and norms to overcome barriers and improve outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal and external leaders, partners, suppliers and customers
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related topic
- Proven track record with strategy planning, development, and execution
To apply submit your CV, and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
For more about the African Fertiliser and Agribusiness Partnership, refer to www.afap-partnership.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies