Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) seek to appoint a Women of Worth Facilitator to be based at, Cape Town.
Fixed term Contract 31st March 2019
Salary: R6 800.00 p/m
The main purpose for this position is to facilitate daily Women of Worth empowerment workshops with young women (aged 19-24 years) at various community venues in the Mitchell’s Plain/Klipfontein Sub-districts. Empowerment workshop content will include career building, sexuality, health and wellness, gender-based violence and general life skills.
- The Women of Worth Instructors will be responsible for the establishment and support of daily empowerment workshops in the Klipfontein-Mitchell's Plain (K-MP) Health sub-district
- Facilitate two to three workshops per day of two to three hours each, five days a week
- Undergo extensive facilitation, content and sensitivity training prior to and throughout the project period. This can include attendance at training workshop as well as self-study of the materials provided
- Ensure that the workshops have all the resources and props required for the session (and bring these materials to the session) – these are to be prepared well in advance
- Maintain high energy in the workshops and creation of an affirmative and safe, open space
- Moderate participant assignments where required
- Facilitate the resource centre (“Power House”) during non-workshop based working hours (includes assisting participants in their assignments or resource search, answering questions related to the workshops, and keeping the Power House in an orderly state)
- Ensure that study participants are well supported in and out the sessions (includes administration of social media, responding to emails, individual feedback when required, provision of referrals to relevant organisations and helplines, or clinics)
- Stakeholder relationship management: working with the community figures to ensure successful implementation of the workshops and dealing with funder visits
- Meaningful and weekly reporting on project implementation
- Support for the research aspects of the project, including data collection through the biometric system and administration of 6 monthly questionnaires
- Ensure clubs are implemented according to the Women of Worth facilitation guide
- Support other facilitators that are experiencing challenges and work as a team to ensure the workshops run smoothly
- Ensure that quarterly district meetings with facilitators take place
- Values fit: Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
- Post matric qualification; Communication or related Diploma advantageous
- Two to three years’ facilitation experience
- Female, between the age of 25-33 years
- Knowledge of public health and community resources
- Computer literate: Proficient in MircosoftOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Oral/written communication; proficiency in English and Afrikaans and/or isiXhosa essential
- Applicants must live in or be prepared to work in the Mitchell’s Plain/Klipfontein area
- Comfortable leading conversations on numerous topics, including those considered controversial or sensitive to the general public
- Ability to be open-minded about responses and put aside personal beliefs and opinions
- Ability to commute independently to workshop venues
- Ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with local partnering organizations
- Planning, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to reliably work normal office hours (08h00 – 17h00) and flexible hours when required
- Capable of multitasking and applying new skills and knowledge
- Training related to HIV/AIDS and/or Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights
- Valid driver’s License and own motor vehicle (Ability to commute independently to workshop venues)
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C109
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies