Arise s registered nonprofit organisation based in Cape Town that promotes foster care and adoption for children without a family structure with the aim that every child might have a family. Arise also works with churches to increase their capacity to strengthen and support existing family environments. By promoting new families and investing in existing families, the organisation strives to see every family succeed.
Arise seeks to appoint an Intern Counsellor at the Family Centre to be based in Heideveld, Cape Town.
This is a volunteer position and no stipend, wage or salary is associated with the post.
Working hours: Preferably Mondays to Wednesdays
The successful candidate will assist with screening and intake of our clients, facilitation of our workshops and groups, writing of psychology focused articles and administrative related to the functioning of the therapeutic team and the groups the organisation runs. S/he would work alongside clinical psychologists, social workers and other interns, and supervision and training will be provided.
- Co-facilitate psychosocial support groups to children and adolescents in the local area
- Observe, assist and implement therapeutic and psychological support
- Participating in the day to day preparation and implementation of activities pertaining to the therapeutic support programme
- Facilitate psychosocial support groups to adults /parents in the local area under his /her supervisor’s direction
- Participate in ongoing training
- Attend monthly supervision
- Assist in coordinating and managing intake and waiting lists
- Participate in continual monitoring and evaluation processes
- Need to be a committed Christian
- Three to four-year degree in Psychology (bachelor/honours) or equivalent
- Willingness to learn
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to communicate in English and Afrikaans
- Driver’s licence and preferably access to a vehicle
- People orientated
- Interest in learning about working in a non-governmental organisation
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries contact Robyn at 021 633 4058.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Arise Children's Ministry, refer to www.arisecapetown.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies