Tshwane Leadership Foundation (TLF)
The Tshwane Leadership Foundation (TLF) works with churches and communities for urban transformation with specific focus on social inclusion – a process that integrates socially vulnerable people creatively, and prevents displacement as much as possible.
The Tshwane Leadership Foundation seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator for The Potter’s House (TPH), based in Pretoria.
The Potter’s House is a comprehensive programme for women and children that are victims of violence and abuse. It also focuses on issues of Gender mainstreaming and Gender equality.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). The successful candidate will receive an initial six months’ performance based contract in line with the organisational policy. If both parties agree after that a renewable year-to-year contract will be signed, based on availability of funds and performance.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Salary: R14 000 per month (total cost to company)
- Programme management and development: ensuring that programmes are implemented that address the root causes, meet the needs of victims, and have long-term impact in terms of eradication of Gender violence in society. This will include outreach, drop-in centre and residential care programmes, as well as leading a Gender committee, a Gender Network, and a Human Trafficking forum.
- Staff management and development: lead a dedicated staff, volunteer and intern team to produce efficient results and to implement quality programmes; and ensure relevant staff development based on skills gaps.
- Financial management and fund development: Compile relevant annual budgets for the programme and monitor the expenditure in line with the work plan; write fundraising proposals and do fundraising campaigns.
- Networking and partnerships: Continuous networking to build collaborative partnerships.
- Donor reporting and stakeholder management: Provide accurate donor narrative reporting in line with their requirements; timeous and continuous communication with donors and friends of the programme.
- Accredited Postgraduate/Bachelor Degree in Social work or related degree with direct experience in the field and valid Registration with SACSSP and relevant council
- Minimum five years’ experience in management, in an NGO environment, as well as experience with working with vulnerable women and children, Refugees, and gender issues
- Previous progressive experience in programme development and managing projects
- Understanding of domestic violence, gender inequality issues, within the South African context
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high level officials from government agencies, NGOs, international development organisation and private sector
- High degree of organisational skills, initiative and problem solving abilities
- Previous experience in developing and managing a budget
- Sound leadership skills and previous people management experience to manage a team in a transparent, accountable, participative and consultative manner
- Communications skills and confidence to engage at community level as well as to take part in public dialogues and policy forums
- Deadline oriented; interpersonal skills; strategic thinking and management skills
- Report writing skills, presentation and facilitation skills
- A valid driver ‘s license
To apply, submit your application with a motivational letter, together with SACSSP Registration certificate (if applicable) and the job title as a reference to Matimba: email@example.com or at Tshwane Leadership Foundation Offices, 288 Burgers Park Lane, Pretoria Central.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Tshwane Leadership Foundation, refer to www.tlf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies