Joint Aid Management (JAM) is a South African founded humanitarian nonprofit organisation that works to empower Africans to create better lives for themselves.
JAM SA seeks to employ a Report Writer to be based in Johannesburg.
This position is part of the JAM International (JAM) Marketing team. Its purpose is to facilitate and produce quality written and professionally edited material for internal and external use.
This position will function under the guidance and supervision of the Global Communications and Stakeholder Manager. The employee will contribute to the success of a high-performance marketing function for productive and quality work that speaks of consistent, pro-active, timely and effective communication to all its constituencies.
- Use information from the Global Communications and Stakeholder Manager to write and/or edit, timely reports in the required format as per the approved reporting schedule
- Proactively work with the JAM Programmes Department, where necessary to source and/or confirm programme information as directed by the Global Communications and Stakeholder Manager
- Ensure that all reports are proof read by two proof readers prior to submission to the Global Communications and Stakeholder Manager
- Ensure that all assignments are produced on schedule while meeting high standards for accuracy, punctuation and consistency.
- The Report Writer may from time to time be required to perform duties not specifically stated in this job description, provided that such duties are related to JAM Operations
- Ensure that all material effectively addresses the needs from JAM’s external stakeholders
- The employee will produce comprehensive, specific and well-written organisational reports to be used at the discretion of the Global Communications and Stakeholder Manager
- Degree or national Diploma in Marketing Communications Studies and/or Writing
- English-language fluency (written and verbal). A superior command of the English language is essential
- Writing and editing abilities
- Command of MS Office
- An energetic, self-starting individual with a high sense of responsibility and fixed deadlines
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- Great eye for detail, and meticulous about factual representation
- Team player, with a proven track record of working harmoniously within teams
- Functioning well under pressure
- Independent and responsible worker, driven by success and quality in their work
- Willing to work outside the parameters of normal office hours
- Valid driver’s licence
- Minimum three to five years’ experience within a similar report writing role
- Experience within an NGO environment would be a major advantage
- Ability to function within a very confidential environment
- Ability to learn new software and systems
- Financial acumen to cross check report accuracy
To apply, submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Limits of authority is as per Supervisory authority limits in the JAM strategy document.
For more about Joint Aid Management, refer to www2.jamint.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies