Ndlovu Care Group
Ndlovu Care Group seeks to appoint an Occupational Therapist to be based in Limpopo.
This disability program will be delivered by Ndlovu Care Group (NCG), a NGO, which up to now has focused on HIV/AIDS care in a region of 160.000 inhabitants. NCG has more than 200 employees.
The disability care program will provide therapy to young children with physical disabilities in a number of daycare centers in the region.
The Centre will provide therapy for children with all kind of physical disabilities from birth to 12 years of age.
- Conducting group therapy sessions
- Fulfil administration requirements in line with HPCSA regulations
- Work with a multidisciplinary team and manage and supervise support staff
- Comprehensive assessment of disabled clients
- Management of individual cases
- Run development skill activities with disabled children
- Demonstrates a responsibility towards promoting the educational and developmental potential of all participants
- Applicants need to do some travelling and do home visits to clients
- General practice management (e.g. keeping track of consumables)
- Degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification at a minimum of M+3 (NQF7)
- Registration with the H.P.C.S.A as an Occupational Therapist and other relevant statutory bodies.
- Five years’ clinical experience.
- Minimum five years' working in a disability care
- Valid driver’s license
- Own transport
- Experience in physical/vocational rehabilitation will be an advantage
- A course/experience in Rehabilitation and Functional Assessment an advantage
- Passionate about working with children and either trained in other therapeutic methods (Conductive Education, Sensory Integration, Early Intervention)
- Active malpractice insurance
- Be aware of the requirements of the children’s acts
- Clearance Certificate for working with children
- Ability to work independently
- Time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Supervisory experience will be an advantage
- Leadership skills, organisational & planning skills
- Healthy and physical fit
To apply, submit your motivation letter and detailed CV to HR Administrator Anita Foulds email@example.com or fax number 013 262 3498.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not had a response from the organisation within seven days after the closing date, you can deem your application as unsuccessful.
For more about Ndlovu Care Group, refer to www.ndlovucaregroup.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies