Global Teachers Institute
The Global Teachers Institute (GTI) is a teacher development platform dedicated to strengthening teacher capacity and the quality of schooling in South Africa and across the world by changing the way teachers are trained. The GTI aims to empower student teachers, current faculty, school leaders, and education organisations by offering a range of programs that refocus teacher training and professional development on the principles of classroom excellence, consciousness development, and social responsibility.
Global Teacher Institute seeks to appoint a Fundraiser to be based in Cape Town or Johannesburg.
The fundraiser will be accountable directly to the Managing Director and work closely with the Business Development Manager, Future Leader Programme Manager and Operations Manager.
The position GTI as a key player in the renaissance of education in South Africa, Africa and the world at large. This includes but is not limited to prospecting, donor development, proposal writing, relationship management and programme reporting.
- Develop new donor relationships for GTI through your established networks and prospect development
- Manage the current GTI funder database - relationships, proposals and reports
- Develop concept notes, grant proposals and reports for a range of funders, including government departments, foundations, corporations and individual donors whilst working in collaboration with the Managing Director and fundraising team
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the organisation’s fundraising strategy.
- Conduct regular trend and gap analyses for funding landscapes and keep up to date on opportunities through current and new funders
- Identify and nurture possible funding sources through the development of a diverse portfolio of prospects, including corporations, foundations, government agencies and HNWI
- Quality-assure proposals, monthly and annual reports before submission to funding partners in collaboration with the Knowledge Management team
- Maintain a donor database, reporting schedule, coordinate and edit quarterly and annual funding reports with inputs from relevant project and programme teams within the organisation
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the GTI Summit and various events
- A relevant university degree (or equivalent qualification) and at least 4 years’ experience in business development and donor relationship management
- Proven ability to independently generate leads, build relationships and request funding from various funding sources
- Previous fundraising or sales experience, including face to face fundraising, is preferred
- Knowledge of the South African CSI landscape and experience working with international donor agencies
- Negotiation skills, capable of handling rejection and quickly move on
- Communication skills, creativity and the ability to develop new ways to fundraise for our various lines of work
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Reliable, adaptable, energetic, positive attitude and high levels of self-motivation
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license and reliable car
- Commitment to deliver on GTI’s mission and values
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘GTI Fundraiser’ in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Global Teachers Institute, refer to www.globalteachers.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies