Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) seek to appoint a Data Capturer to based at Masiphumelele, Fish Hoek, Cape Town
Salary: R104 526 to R185 543 p.a (dependent on qualification and experience)
The Data Capturer provides critical study conduct support through basic clinical reviews, query generation, reconciliation and reporting. Additional responsibilities include supporting clinical study team members in the completion and filing (paper and electronic) of clinical data, reports and administrative study documentation along with data entry on a daily basis.
- Grade 12/ Senior Certificate
- Two to Three years’ clinical research experience in capturing data or data administration
- Computer skills (Microsoft, Excel and Access)
- Written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure with high volumes of daily processing
- Interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines with high quality
- Work Standards
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Knowledge of GCP guidelines and clinical trial processes
- Data quality control, perform regular data checks on the REDCap database and generate data queries if necessary
- Proof read of data captured
- Ensure accurate, timeous data entry into databases as per study protocol, SOP and as per Data Manager’s request
- Complete quality control log with all errors that were picked up during data review and circulate them to staff members daily, including sending daily reminders to staff to correct errors according to QC log
- System Development, collaboration with the systems developer, deliver exceptional system administrative support
- Ensures data form from source documents for the trail are accurately reflected on the Case Report Forms (CRF) or electronic
- Transcribe paper case report forms which may be collected in the event study staff are unable to access the study electronic database (REDCap)
- Conduct basic review, query generation/resolution to support clinical study team activities according to the protocol
- Identifies problems or potential problems and reports them to the Data Manager
- Ensure hardware and software required to carry out data administrator tasks are maintained and in working order
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C106
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies