International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH)
Position Title :Informatics Assistant
Reference :IA 01
Supervisor : Informatics Officer
Department : Strategic Programs
Location : Pretoria
The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is a United States of America federally-funded project which supports the development of HIV/AIDS care and treatment training initiatives in 25 developing countries acutely impacted by the global AIDS epidemic. I-TECH is an initiative of the University of Washington Schools of Medicine and Public Health & Community Medicine. Its Central Office is headquartered in Seattle, Washington and it currently supports eight international offices, including one in Pretoria, South Africa.
I-TECH South Africa Goal:
I-TECH South Africa’s goal is to support the South African government in strengthening national health systems to ensure delivery of high quality, sustainable health care services
Brief Summary of Position
The Informatics Assistant’s primary responsibility will be to provide remote support to PEPFAR partners and Provincial government to enter human resource related data and utilize web-based systems, testing of web based SkillSMART provincial databases, and other related data management activities. Good interpersonal, service skills, and attention to detail are essential in this position.
Duties of the position include:
- Provide data system user support
- Answer and respond to support calls or emails
- Resolve user queries
- Assist with software testing and document programming adjustments
- Conduct daily follow up with external partners during data capturing on data issues, errors and completion status.
- Assist with data cleaning, quality assurance and analysis
- Provide assistance to the Strategic Information team as required
- Capture data onto Strategic Information databases as required Assist with conducting systems training including their coordination and preparation
- Escalate unresolved issues to the manager
- Compile a weekly progress report and submit to the supervisor
- Knowledge and ability to provide training on the web based applications and different databases platforms
- Competent level in information technology, data management, spreadsheets, word processing and databases.
- Operation of computers and associated peripherals, as well as software applications.
- Maintaining software and hardware in a manner that complies with all applicable state and performing other administrative duties as directed by the manager.
- Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational, cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a National Diploma in Information Technology or related qualification
- Have 3 years’ experience with providing user support
- Have experience with hardware and software management
- Have experience with working on databases
- Have experience with software testing
- Have basic experience with data quality assurance and analysis on MS-Excel
- PEPFAR or health NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Highly motivated individual, willing to learn and attentive to detail
Applicants are required to quote the relevant Position Title and reference mentioned above when submitting their applications via email to email@example.com
Shortlisting shall start on the 10th of November 2017 and the advert shall run until the vacancy is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to South African applicants.