Western Province Athletics
Western Province Athletics is a nonprofit making organisation responsible for the overall development of athletics within the Western Province.
Western Province Athletics seeks to employ an Events Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
Reporting to: WPA General Manager or designate
Start: 1st January 2018
The incumbent is primarily responsible for all administrative processes related to the organising of WP Athletics Events. This includes assisting both the WPA Commissions and WPA Clubs relating to the organising of events, fixtures, obtaining of permits and marketing of events. The individual will also be required to assist the WP Athletics offices with ad hoc activities and deadlines from time to time. Candidates must be presentable and possess strong attention to detail, creativity, organization, and negotiation skills.
- Delivery of all Commission athletic events e.g. Track and Field, Cross Country, Race Walking and designated Road Running Events owned by WPA
- Work closely with Commissions to ensure the strategic objectives for their events are met
- Assume responsibility as LOC Head for the smooth delivery of Events
- Manage Commission Event budgets in collaboration with Procurement Officer
- Delivery of all WPA Championships
- Ensure the following occurs for all WPA organised events:
- Venues are booked
- Event permit applications are submitted
- All necessary arrangements for a successful event are made
- Ensure the following occurs for all other events organised under the auspices of WPA:
- All event flyers/entry forms are submitted and approved
- Timeously contact event organisers to ensure necessary arrangements have been made for event
- Provide race day support where applicable
- Calculate event levies and Officials remuneration after each event and ensure that invoices are prepared
- Monitor all race referee reports and make sure they are submitted to the office on time
- Assist with the allocation of Officials working at events
- Ensure unresolved issues are escalated appropriately for timely resolution both within WPA and the various associations
- Daily correspondence and emails relating to area of responsibility
- Ensure that all documentation pertaining to WP Athletics is effectively created, stored and maintained for current and future use within level of authority
- Comply with reporting requirements as and when requested by WP Athletics Board
- All filing is up to date as per the WPA’s prevailing processes
- Proactively remain abreast of national and international Athletics trends
- Improved use of technology in areas of:
- Online Entry and Registration Systems
- Timing Systems
- Self-study and research in order to develop both technical and soft skills
- Actively knowledge-share with colleagues
- Minimum of three years’ experience in event planning, preferably in the sport industry
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must possess sound skills in planning, organizing and logistics
- WPA athletic events are complex with many moving parts that can malfunction at any given time, so organizational and time management skills are essential
- Interpersonal skills
- Must have worked in a team atmosphere and work effectively with others
- Ability to communicate effectively- oral and written
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to devise creative solutions whenever emergency strikes
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to interact with all types of people
To apply, submit your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 418 3232 for further information.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Closing date for applications is 20th November 2017
No late applications will be considered.
Employee will regularly be required to work weekends as needed by events.
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.
WPA reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about Western Province Athletics, refer to www.wpa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies