Rural Education Access Programme (REAP)
The Rural Education Access Programme (REAP) is a national nonprofit organisation and Associate Body of the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference that facilitates access to Higher Education for poor, rural matriculants. REAP supports them throughout their tertiary career to become employable, responsible citizens who are encouraged to plough back into their communities.
REAP seeks to appoint a Student Development Advisor to be based in East London.
Start date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive market related salary package.
- Student support and development – one on one and group work
- Networking and liaison with universities
- A degree in social work, psychology, social sciences or similar
- At least three years’ minimum experience working with youth, preferably in the higher education sector or student support services.
- Fluency in spoken isiXhosa and spoken and written English
- Unendorsed driver’s licence with driving experience
- Project management skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication
- Facilitation skills
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Suite and database systems
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector
- Solutions-oriented and resourceful
- Team player
- Self-management skills
To apply, submit your application to email@example.com clearly mark your application 'SDA – East London' or to BC Project Leader, P O Box 198, Athlone, 7760 or Fax: (021) 696-9572.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
REAP is an equal opportunity employer.
If you do not hear from REAP consider your application unsuccessful.
Only applications accompanied by one page motivation letter addressing requirements and key performance areas will be considered.
Also include a full CV (no certificates) and three current, contactable referees.
For more about the Rural Education Access Programme, refer to www.reap.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies