The New loveLife Trust
The New loveLife Trust is youth leadership development NGO that campaigns with nationwide community level outreach and supports programmes that promote socio-economic and healthy, HIV-free living among young South Africans. loveLife has reached unprecedented scale in implementing cutting-edge comprehensive and combined social behaviour change programming face-to-face with adolescents.
The Trust seeks to appoint a Senior Manager of Programmes Measurment and Design to be based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
Salary: R680 000 per annum (cost per company)
Senior Manager: Programme Measurement & Design to ensure the effective monitoring of loveLife’s programmatic activities and the availability of relevant research resources and information to support the loveLife campaign and programme development.
- Ensure availability of monitoring systems and tools for effective data collection and analysis; to monitor programme implementation activities and outcome
- Develop effective data collection and monitoring processes, systems and tools in collaboration with programme teams
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and effective Monitoring & Evaluation database and physical files for all programme area
- Develop a user-friendly archiving system for research information and ensure accessibility for staff, stakeholder/partners and where applicable, for the South African community, at large
- Synthesise and analyse data for summary and program reports on M&E findings
- Enable adequate and regular reporting to the programme and implementing teams on targets and outcomes
- Availability of relevant research resources and information to support campaigns and programme development
- Ensure literature searches and review of existing research for relevance to programme work
- Keep abreast of and research current trends in the industry
- Inform the development and implementation of data collection tools and methods for programme evaluations and baseline studies
- Identify specific research needs, develop and implement research tasks and timelines in consultation with programme developers
- Inform the process of analysing and interpreting programme -related research data
- Ensure capacity building and securing of resources to perform in-house research projects
- Ensure preparation of high quality and user-friendly research reports for internal and external use.
- Prepare the terms of reference for external and internal evaluations and surveys
- Create evaluation plans and research study designs
- Design of evidence based programming that would influence behavioural change among young people who participate in loveLife programmes
- Provide evidence based information to guide programme design and campaign development
- Provide written reports on loveLife programme activities and outcomes for presentation at professional events/conferences
- Provide quarterly analysis of monitoring data and report writing of funder reports and management reports
- Provide regular (at least bin-annual) analysis of monitoring data
- Report writing on detailed indicators for specific programmes
- Develop presentations to disseminate information developed by research unit.
- Coordinate information for the annual report in collaboration with all the programmes and implementing teams
- Prepare and manage the departmental budget and ensure appropriate utilization
- Representing loveLife in industry events, including stakeholder meetings, conferences
- Build a professional network by establishing and managing relationships in the scientific and professional monitoring and research community
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the department and ensure quality M&E data collection, data entry, filing analysis and reporting
- Honours degree in a relevant field (Statistics, Development Studies, Economics, epidemiology, Psychology or Sociology)
- A postgraduate qualification in Business, healthcare or social sciences will be an advantage
- Knowledge related to HIV/AIDS, Adolescent and Youth friendly health services and or youth related
- Minimum five years’ senior research experience
- Three years at managerial level
- Demonstrated writing skills with a track record of publishing articles and reports
- Proven data management skills
- Experience managing projects with multiple team members and Ability to work under pressure
- A sound grounding in research methodologies
- Computer literacy in (Microsoft Office, SPSS, STATA)
- Valid drivers’ license and a willingness to travel
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The New loveLife Trust reserves the right to amend and/or withdraw adverts at any time without notification.
If you do not receive any feedback on your application within six weeks from the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the New loveLife Trust, refer to www.lovelife.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies