Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS)
TIPS is a non-profit economic research organisation based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Entry-level Economist / Researcher to be based in Pretoria.
The internship is for six months (renewable for a further six months by mutual agreement). The intern will directly participate in projects carried out by TIPS.
Competitive remuneration package is on offer.
Proposed Starting date: 3 January 2018
- Perform economic research under the guidance of the line manager, and provide research input and data analysis
- Participate in and present research at internal discussions and workshops / events
- Publish research reports through the TIPS website, other publications, conferences, seminars, etc.
- A Masters (completed or in final stages of completing) in Economics; Development Studies, Environmental Sciences, or a related field (with Economics III)
- A passion for industrial policy, inclusive economic development and sustainable growth
- A study background on trade, industrial policy, the manufacturing sector and Sustainable growth
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of Stata or SPSS
- Teamwork and an ability to handle tight deadlines
To apply, submit a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest for the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample to Edmore at Edmore@tips.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only applications with all of these components will be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
Non-South African applicants should have authority to work in South Africa.
For more about Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies