The Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town
Perceiving migration as an opportunity, the Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town is committed to alleviating poverty and promoting development in the Western Cape while fostering integration between migrants, refugees and South Africans. In providing our assistance we advocate respect for human rights and use a holistic approach that considers all basic needs.
The Scalabrini Centre seeks to appoint a Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
The English School not only helps students learn South Africa’s bridge language at different language levels, but also gives students a chance to interact and form supportive communities during classes and extra-curriculars.
Start date: 3 January 2017
- Assist and give input into all curricula, term calendars, teaching schedules, placement, registration and examination processes
- Complete all allocated projects and tasks related to programme design, programme management, financial management, reviews, M&E and reporting (both internally and to various funders and partners), programme specific volunteer onboarding and management
- Coordinate a large pool of volunteer teachers, tutors and coaches in conjunction with the Programme Manager
- Ensure teachers are equipped and confident, through careful selection, structured orientation and observation
- Ensure student feedback is received through class representatives, snap surveys and research outcomes into trends and needs
- Coordinate specific events in conjunction with other programmes
- Assist with the development and launch of new projects related to the programme
- A relevant qualification (e.g. adult education, social sciences, anthropology)
- A minimum of two to four years’ relevant work experience in education or development experience in teaching English to adults very advantageous
- Strong facilitation and mentoring skills
- Administration skills and the ability develop, implement and maintain functioning systems
- Ability to relate to individuals from differing backgrounds and to form appropriate relationships
- Curriculum design exposure very advantageous
- High levels of empathy and a willingness to listen and coach
- High levels of flexibility and resilience, strong problem solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Communication skills in English
- Computer literate
- Familiar with M&E frameworks (education and development focussed).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
To apply submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further correspondence will only be entered into with those under consideration for the role
For more information refer to www.scalabrini.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies