Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Employment
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) is a five-year project that works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks candidates for the following position:
Midlevel Renewable Energy Systems Engineer
The Renewable Energy Systems Engineer will support stakeholders in SADC to establish projects and engineering systems that can be replicated region-wide to achieve program objectives. These objectives include 3000MW of new energy generation capacity by 2022, 1000MW of new transmission capacity, and 3 million new customers connected to electrical supplies.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Act as a subject matter expert and technical project manager responsible for the preparation and execution of technical assistance missions, in close collaboration with other team members and SADC stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of SADC activities in the field of renewable energies and, to a certain extent, other branches of energy like gas.
- Participate in short term assignments in SADC as an expert or project coordinator
- Provide technical and business input to regulatory, strategic and system design aspects of the energy sector
- Contribute to conceptual designs and stakeholder engagement on Renewable Energy projects
- Assist with evaluation and shortlisting of bidders from EOI submissions
- Provide technical assistance in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), including terms of reference for the participation of private developers
- Support Stakeholders during tendering processes and with the evaluation of the proposals, including the preparation of evaluation reports
- Analyse Engineering Project Proposals
Skills / Competencies required:
- Engineering Project Proposal analysis and financial evaluation
- Project risk analysis
- Ability to extract and analyze relevant data to make sound judgements
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to convey complex ideas to people with varying levels of expertise
- Ability to build productive working relationships and work within a team
- Presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work alone under pressure, often to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle and prioritize different tasks
- Self-reliance and motivation
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years professional experience working in the energy sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering field. Master’s degree preferred
- Substantive renewable energy engineering systems experience, including origination, engineering, evaluation, structuring, execution and post-deal maintenance of various projects
- Previous experience working on projects funded by USAID, European Union, the World Bank or other international contractors would be preferred
- Deep experience in the Southern Africa region and in target countries is highly preferred
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Preference will be given to SADC nationals
- Permanent position based in Pretoria with short term assignments in SADC
Please send a cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to email@example.com by 24 November 2017. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.