Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa (ISLA)
The Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa (ISLA) is based on the belief that strategic litigation is an immensely strong tool for social change because it helps to reframe the understanding of entitlements before the law and it challenges the legal discourse on women’s rights and sexual rights. ISLA stands for the proposition that investment in local institutions and individuals is key to maximising the impact of strategic litigation.
ISLA seeks to appoint a Web Developer Consultant to be based in Johannesburg.
Remuneration: R40 000
This is a one month consultancy.
- To modify and improve ISLA’s existing website or procure a new WordPress site if necessary
- Provide a platform for interaction and information sharing among all those interested in ISLA
- Use simple, cost-effective techniques to test designs with representative users before implementation of major features such as restructuring the main navigation menu
- Optimize the site for low bandwidth users
- Implement a basic “blog” function with integrated twitter and Facebook posting
- Browser compatibility. The site must be compatible with the current versions of the following browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Chrome)
- Add a comprehensive search functionality to the web site
- The website should incorporate social media platforms as tools to enhance ISLA’s visibility at the international platform
- The website is responsive, fully developed, functioning and running online without any flaws
- The website is designed and programmed in a way that enables the ISLA to manage its content. This includes handover of admin right to multiple admins enabling ISLA to change all content autonomously
- The Website design is based the ISLA corporate identity and guidelines as stated by the Coordination Officer
- Configuration documentation and guidelines which clearly state how to manage the website, details on the hosting arrangement, environment and its configuration are provided
- Adequate knowledge and at least five years of progressive experience with web design proven through portfolio of designed products
- Experience developing websites for large non–‐profit organisations
- An experienced web designer/ developer, who can work in a tight time frame
- Information Technology/Systems Management diploma or degree
For more about the Initiative for Strategic Litigation in Africa, refer to www.the-isla.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies