Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Employment
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) is a five-year project that works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks candidates for the following position
Energy Project Transaction Advisor
The Transaction Advisor will work in priority Southern African countries to advance these private sector investment-driven objectives. As an important field presence for the program, the Transaction Advisor will work under the leadership, and with the support of, the SAEP project office in Pretoria to identify, plan, support implementation, and continually monitor project reform and investment activities in his or her target country. The Transaction advisor will work closely with counterparts in target country governments, utilities, and other organizations in the energy sector ecosystem to build capacity and provide independent advice on issues affecting pending and potential transactions.
Activities and Duties will include:
Transaction Advisors will act as both identifiers and drivers of priority projects under the SAEP program, providing finance and project development expertise into existing ministries to deliver results. Roles include:
- Pipeline Development - 30%
- Target the expediting of 3000MW new Renewable Energy, 1000MW of new transmission capacity and connection of 3 million new customers in the SADC Region by 2022
- Develop pipelines of potential projects for investment
- Convene working groups to prioritize and guide implementation of project assistance in host country
- Transaction Advisory Services and Capacity Building - 40%
- Work with host country government to identify and mitigate impediments to project approval/implementation
- Monitoring and Progress Reporting - 30%
- Monitor and report on project development, assistance implementation, and reforms.
Skills / Competencies Required:
- Excellent communications skills in English
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Strong research, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Capacity building/teaching experience preferred
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Ability to extract and analyze relevant data to make sound judgements
- Presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work alone under pressure, often to tight deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle and prioritize different tasks
- Self-reliance and motivation
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Honors degree in Finance, Engineering or similar. Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience working in commercial investment banks, private equity and/or financial or legal services companies or firms in the international field or in international finance
- Substantive investment experience, including origination, structuring/execution and post-deal maintenance of various transactions
- Deep experience in the Southern Africa region and in target countries is highly preferred
- Knowledge of project finance
- Significant management experience, with skills to analyze and resolve a wide range of problems arising in transaction structuring and project development
- Comfort with developing business presentations, financial models, structuring deals (term sheets) and hands on end-to-end experience of leading the overall investment / partnership process is essential
- Preference will be given to SADC nationals
- Must have the ability to work in Pretoria, South Africa
Please send a cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 November 2017. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.