Consortium Project Accountant - Social Accountability for Public Resources Management in Health and Agriculture in Southern Africa
Ensure the financial integrity of a project, overseeing a budget of around £3.5 million
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
ActionAid International is the lead member of the Partnership for Social Accountability (PSA) Alliance for a project titled ‘Strengthening Social Accountability and Oversight Capacity for Rights-based Public Resources Management in Health and Agriculture in Southern Africa’. The objective of the project is to improve public resource management at district, national and regional level in the areas of SRHR, HIV and AIDS and food security in Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia by March 2019.
The Project Accountant’s role is to ensure the financial integrity of the project, overseeing a budget of around £3.5 million. S/he will have responsibility for processing invoices, budgeting, forecasting, subgrants,expenditure tracking, ensuring internal control are in place, preparing and submitting financial reports and preparing and conducting audits.
- Professional Accounting or Financial Management Qualification.
- Excellent English proficiency and desired Portuguese knowledge
- Minimum of five years experience with an NGO in project finance management positions with a multi-million dollar scope.
- In-depth understanding and experience of working with donor funded contracts such as EU, ECHO, DFID, USAID and UN.
- Experience of complex planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial reporting, review and analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, often at a distance.
- Good working knowledge of computerised accounting packages and MS office (Excel), experience in SUN and Vision, an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work with minimal supervision
To be considered for this position, you must be a national or eligible and to work and reside in South Africa. ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity.
Applications to email@example.com with the title Financial Planning & Reporting Manager.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.