Cornerstone Institute is an independent, nonprofit institution engaged in teaching and learning in service of others to advance human dignity and social justice for all.
Cornerstone Institute seeks to appoint an Online Learning and Teaching Specialist, to be based in Cape Town.
Post number: 7111
Start date: Immediately
Salary: R22 500 to R29 700
- Lead in the development and maintenance of Cornerstone Institute systems and structures for online learning and teaching
- Lead the team responsible for Curriculum Design and Course Development including subject matter experts
- New Online Course Development
- Lead review of CI online education model and material
- Instill instructional design principles within the organisation
- Standardise professionalism in the look and feel of online content
- Lead the on boarding of both new and old staff to the resources and structures in place, and skills necessary for online learning development at Cornerstone Institute
- Assist the Chief Academic Officer with other Curriculum Design and other academic matters
- A relevant NQF Level nine qualification in Online Education or Curriculum Design
- At least Five years’ experience with the development of online learning material and modules/unit standards
- Proven management and/or project management skills
- Ability to train and help people from varying technological backgrounds
- A prior working knowledge of the South African Higher Education Environment would be a distinct advantage
- A prior working knowledge of Sakai, Big Blue Button (video conferencing software), TurnItIn and Articulate (e-learning authoring software) would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the Cornerstone Institute community
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with the ability to work autonomously or in a team in a pressurised environment
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- High level of organisational skills
- Ability to problem solve, multitask and to maintain confidentiality
To apply, submit your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting post number 7111 in the covering letter.
If you have not heard from Cornerstone within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Cornerstone Institute, refer to www.cornerstone.ac.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies