Democracy Works Foundation
Democracy Works Foundation (DWF) analyses the health of democracy and implements innovative interventions and technologies in order to foster inclusive development through a deepening of democratic culture and capacity whilst ensuring sustainability and independence of its operations.
DWF in partnership with Freedom House seeks to appoint a Finance Officer for the USAID Regional Political Party Strengthening Programme (RePPS) to be based in Johannesburg.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and Programme Manager, the position will primarily provide support on all donor budgeting and financial requirements.
The Finance Officer will be based at DWF offices in Johannesburg. DWF will offer a total cost to company market related salary, and within USAID guidelines.
This is a fixed term contract until the end of the project in September 2020.
- Prepare quarterly consolidated financial reports, and ad hoc financial reports, as required by the Finance Manager and/or Project Managers
- To support the Finance Manager in the use of the financial analysis for sound project management
- Perform monthly reconciliations in line with USAID requirements
- Review all project related payments ensuring that all financial controls are fully adhered to
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports in line with narrative reports that meet USAID requirements
- Participate in project related verification exercises
- Support Country Directors and Country Project Manager to understand the financial requirements of the project and have systems that can meet these
- Prepare project cash flow projections (income, expenditure and fund transfers) ensuring that funds are correctly allocated and managed in a timely and accurate manner
- Sign off petty cash counts on a monthly basis
- Review bank and cash reconciliations for project accounts on a monthly basis
- Work closely with the Country Project Managers to prepare projects budget
- Support the internal and external audit processes in relation to the project and ensure audit requirements are monitored throughout the project
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to prepare for audits and compliance assessments
- Support Country Project Managers to ensure archiving of the project documentation for audit at all levels of the project
- Review the Payroll bi-annual and annual statutory returns, ensuring correct coding of project salaries
- Review monthly payroll reconciliations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- B Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related area from a reputable institution
- A minimum of four years’ work experience preferably in the NGO sector, two of which must consist of solid experience on USAID and EU funded projects
- English language professional proficiency required
- Demonstrable commitment to the vision, mission, values, principles of DWF
- Proven ability for and commitment to teamwork
To apply, submit your one page application letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Democracy Works Foundation, refer to www.democracyworks.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies