Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
CSA seeks to appoint a Technical Supporter to be based in Matatiele, Eastern Cape.
Duration: Six months (Proposed start asap)
CSA’s Meat Naturally Initiative (MNI) combines grazing best practice, market access, job creation and land stewardship to enable restoration and sustainable farming at scale within the uMzimvubu river catchment of the Eastern Cape. We are seeking expressions of interest to deliver technical support to our Meat Naturally Initiative team based out of our field office in Matatiele, Eastern Cape.
Conservation agreement design and implementation
- Design and implement grazing management planning and mapping with up to 12 communities
- Provide day-to-day technical support with MNI farmers to achieve the CSA goal of a locally appropriate grazing management plan that meets environmental, social and cultural requirements
- Conduct a minimum of two community engagement meeting per village for month
- Deliver bi-annual training sessions on grazing management plan implementation
- Work with local grazing associations to strengthen and embed good governance
- Build a network of support and draw suitable links across the spectrum of stakeholders, including conservation authorities, NGO partners, livestock producers and players in the red meat industry
Interested parties are requested to provide a proposal or quotation of the fees/cost for services based on daily rate. The fee proposal should consist of a breakdown of services rendered and should include all costs to perform those services, including transportation. Payment schedule will be delivery based. Quotations below a total amount of R80 000 will be considered.
For queries please contact email@example.com
- Fluency in isiXhosa and English essential, Sesotho favoured
- Driver’s license essential, own transport preferred.
- Please submit your quotation with contact details of three contactable references for whom work was previously completed, accompanied by a cover letter by Friday 10 November to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quotations received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing date should kindly assume that their quotation was not accepted. CSA reserves the right not to choose any service provider.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies