Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in low-income areas with a view to helping learners in Grades 6 - 8 to establish strong foundations in mathematics.
Numeric seeks to appoint a Programme Manager to be based in Soweto,Johannesburg.
Start Date: Jan 2018 (negotiable)
Contract Type: 12 month, fixed-term (subject to renewal)
- Managing relationships with partner schools (principals, maths H.O. Ds, teachers)
- Handling logistics involved with the programs (finance, transport, connectivity)
- Contributing to the development of the program (curriculum, games, activities, worksheets)
- Supporting and mentoring coaches
- Arranging parents evenings, prize-givings etc. to encourage parent buy-in and commitment
- Training coaches and teachers on the use of Khan Academy
- Additional administrative tasks required to develop the organisation
- Planning and preparation for Coach Bootcamp (December) and Learner Math Camp (July)
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Higher grade maths through to matric
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Involvement/leadership in outreach or extra-curricular projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and maintain a high quality of work
- Interest in and ability to handle new and changing technologies
- Interest in mentoring and developing future teachers
- Own transport and valid drivers license
To apply, submit a two-page CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “JHB Program Manager” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Ensure that your letter of motivation explains your interest in Numeric and outlines why you would be well suited to this position.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis so it is to your advantage to apply prior to the deadline.
For more about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org