South African Guide-Dogs Associaton for the Blind
GDA seeks to appoint a Marketing Coordinator, based in Sandton, Johannesburg.
This is a permanent position, reporting to Head Marketing.
The successful candidate will assist with all current and on-going tasks and responsibilities of the Marketing Department in order to achieve annual targets.
- Responsible for assigned events, including income and expenditure budgets
- Provide material for the website and social media on all events
- Copywriting, press releases and update of current material as required
- Full editorial function of our Direct Mail program and Friend in Harness magazine from start to finish including from writing to production
- Total event management responsibility of our Annual Gala Dinner, including budget management and sponsorship
- Event specific fundraising
- Administrative support within the department
- Assistance with events, expos, graduations and adhoc functions
- Assist with other marketing activities as required
- Passionate about the work of the Association
- Ethic and be driven to achieve targets
- Prepared to give more than ‘nine to five’
- Treat donors and volunteers in a warm friendly manner
- Service orientated approach to dealing with donors
- Empathy with people who are differently abled
- Warm, outgoing personality
- Love dogs, and be happy to have them in your environment
- Ability to communicate efficiently and write in English and Afrikaans.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Proven track record
- Well spoken, well-groomed and presentable
- Experience in project management an advantage
- Event planning experience
- Fundraising experience is advantageous
- Computer literate
- Marketing qualification and relevant experience required
- Prepared to work after hours and on weekend
To apply, submit a CV, qualifications and copy of ID Pieter van Juliette Powell at JulietteP@guidedog.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For enquiries, Juliette Powell contact at JulietteP@guidedog.org.za
South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind reserves the right not to fill this vacancy.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within four weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
For more about the South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind, refer to www.guidedog.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies