We are looking for an organised, detail-oriented, designer to join our team. At Lushomo we help organisations do good with data, combining research, data and design, with the aim of making information accessible, interesting and enjoyable to those engaging with it.
This job involves report layout, creating infographics (from scratch or manipulating stock images and icons), creating great look-and-feels and mock-ups, producing banners/flyers/reports etc. for web and print. Although we are primarily looking for a graphic designer, our jobs cover a wide range of areas, including web development and animation, so an ideal candidate would have a wide range of skills and interests.
Most of our clients are United Nations organisations working in the environment, health and development fields. It would be ideal if you also have an interest in health and the environment, as you’ll get more out of the job, and we will be able to involve you in the information design to a greater extent. We love and value the work we do – and we hope you will too!
- You are a thinker and a designer – in some cases, you will be asked to manage a project from developing appropriate look-and-feels to client handover.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint on Mac. We have AdobeCC on an IMac, which you would use.
- Understands how to move between creative programs
- Able to design for print and digital
- Able to manipulate stock images
- Specific to InDesign: Skilled DTP, including proficiency in creating and working with mastersheets, styles, automated contents pages and footnotes
- Able to create icons and recreate graphs following a chosen look-and-feel
- Able to work from wireframes
- Able to source references that are appropriate for the project and vision
- Understands how to read and interpret a range of graphs (bars, line, scatter, pie) and flow charts
- Capable of working in a team, often under tight deadlines, including with other designers working remotely
- Organised, including in the management of files, version control etc.
- An understanding of modern web principles and user experience
- Worpress experience
- Experience with animation and video editing (Premiere Pro/After Effects)
- Bachelor’s degree/graphic design certificate/equivalent work experience. Masters degree desirable
- Strong diverse portfolio of work
- Minimum 3-5 years work experience
- Fine arts background/illustration ability (portfolio of drawings/illustrations)
If you’re interested in joining the team, let us know why. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and samples of your work that you think are relevant to us to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.lushomo.net.