Creative Consulting & Development Works (CC&DW)
- Are you committed to social change and making a difference?
- Do you love travel and promoting new travel/work destinations?
- Do you have strong communications, marketing and social media skills with excellent design ability and creativity?
- Can you use creative data visualization to translate data, research and evaluation findings into engaging, dynamic infographics?
If so, we want to hear from you!
More about us :
Creative Consulting & Development Works (CC&DW) is a specialist research, evaluation, communications and internship placement consultancy established in 2003. We have a firm foothold in the development sector, a strong track record of fourteen years of quality client service and well-established brand identity. We provide innovative solutions to non-profits, government agencies and international donors. We are passionate about human development and work with purpose internationally to strengthen and support a vibrant development sector.
if i could... is our specialist development immersion programme for international graduates looking for intern and volunteer opportunities in South Africa and India. Our programme participants make a positive difference to non-profits and communities, while gaining vital work experience and college credit to build their careers.
This is an ideal position for a creative who thrives in a fast paced environment, is committed to producing high quality work with a strong attention to detail, and is able to switch positions on the fly and adapt to many different projects and deadlines. The right candidate will be forward thinking, talented in visual design, social media execution, and digital marketing, and solution-oriented. This role primarily involves creating, updating, and implementing compelling design solutions and written content for the CC&DW and if I could… brands, marketing both brands and contributing to strategic growth.
- Proactively identify new marketing and communications opportunities and devise strategies to ensure strong brand identity for CC&DW and if I could…
- Profile key projects (internships and purposeful travel tours for if I could… and research and evaluation studies for CC&DW) and showcase how both companies employ best practice in being thought-leaders and innovators in their fields
- Implement and co-ordinate the day to day media, marketing and communications needs for both brands
- Support to CC&DW and if I could… on design and production of marketing materials
- Produce powerful infographics and use data visualisation to make data more accessible and communicate research & evaluation findings
- Contribute to producing powerful proposals, presentations and reports through design and editing skills
- Draft case studies, narratives and articles and build relationships with travel bloggers and journalists
- Produce content and co-ordinate all key communication and marketing channels for CC&DW and if I could… including websites, blogs, newsletters and social media channels with associated SEO monitoring and analytics
- Collaborate with CC&DW and if I could… teams and external partners on various projects and campaigns
- Ensure that our if I could… destinations are optimally marketed and contribute to the planning and launching of new destinations
- Contribute strategically and creatively to business growth and development
- Relevant degree in Design, Marketing, Media or Journalism
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in this field, especially design and digital marketing
- Experience with designing and producing content, writing and editing especially for digital platforms
- Experience with editing including: reports, photos and video editing
- Experience with conceptualising, designing and producing infographics and creative data visualisation
- Experience of working in the development sector, or passion for development and/or travel
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Tech savvy, strong digital skills and good SEO monitoring and Google Analytics skills
- Design creativity and ability, with very strong proficiency in InDesign is essential to this role
- A digital portfolio that showcases your digital and creative design skills
- Proficiency in Powtoon or other video editing platform an advantage
- Proficiency in WordPress an advantage
Values and Attitudes:
- Enthusiasm and commitment to socio-economic development
- Skilled, highly motivated, dynamic self-starter
- Lover of travel, new destinations and a global thinker
- Creative at heart and a keen story-teller
- Strong organisational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritise, multi-task, meet deadlines and work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and network on all levels
- Strong drive, desire and commitment to work with CC&DW over time to build the brands with energy and creativity
This is a full-time, Cape Town- based position working in our Woodstock office. Must be a South African citizens (or have a valid work-permit). Salary is market related and we offer excellent rewards for the right person. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Application deadline: 19 November 2017
To be considered for this role please ensure you share with us:
- your CV, with 3 contactable references (employers or clients)
- a motivation letter sharing why you are an ideal fit for this position
- your current remuneration and desired remuneration
- one example of your written work (it could be a blog, and article, a strategy, etc)
- samples of your design work in pdf, or a link to an online portfolio