Mikhulu Child Development Trust
Mikhulu seeks to appoint a Chief Operating Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Travel: occasionally require regional, national, and international travel will be expected.
Start date: 1 February 2018
Salary: Available on request
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
- Engage with prospective partner organisations and negotiating agreements
- Manage our training and book production programme
- Assist with fundraising and public engagement
- Communications skills, with experience in developing impactful materials for communication, and delivering engaging presentations
- Proven strategic thinking, with the ability to collaboratively develop and independently implement plans
- Demonstrable experience in negotiation and relationship management
- A track record of effective management of projects and teams
- Strong initiative and creative drive
- Has the necessary inter-disciplinary skills and aptitude to work in a small and rapidly growing organisation
- Evidence of interest in adult education, parental education, or early childhood education
- Demonstrable experience in fundraising activities and proposal writing
- A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline
- The cultural and interpersonal competencies needed to work with families in resource poor environments
- Experience in public engagement and media will be an added advantage
Long listed candidates will be interviewed telephonically from 15th to 21stNovember.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed in Cape Town from 22nd to 30th November.
The successful applicant will be notified between December and mid-January 2018.
Preference will be given to EE candidates.
The Mikhulu Trust reserves the right not to make an appointment to this position.
For more about Mikhulu refer to www.mikhulutrust.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies