Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action.
Habitat for Humanity seeks a Regional Program Management Consultant to be based in Pretoria.
Travel: 35% travel within the Africa region
Start date: As soon as possible and, unless earlier terminated, will continue for one year
The Consultant assists with the growth and development of programs in the region, consistent with HFHI policy, standards and strategic goals, and focuses on developing organisations capability and effectiveness through a systematic approach – one that aligns strategy, structure, shared values, people, systems and processes.
- Support in the development of country strategic direction as it relates to all programmatic activities including integrated program design, efficient and effective operational platforms, donor compliance and fundraising and supporting a holistic approach to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Oversee management and implementation of quality programs, ensuring program deliverables are within acceptable timelines, budgets, and programme objectives and are responsive to the target communities, as well as in line with organisational principles, values and strategic plans and following donors and compliance procedures
- Oversee the development of the NO plans and budgets, and approve as per AO guidelines. Provide advice during the planning and budgeting process, making sure that plans and budgets are mission aligned
- Review program operation activities through periodic field visits and ensure that implementation strategies are compatible with overall program goals and objectives
- Support assigned countries with project proposal development, ensuring alignment with applicable framework, among them country strategy, global initiatives, and theory of change while ensuring and coordinating participation of all departments in order to deliver top quality proposals
- In accordance with EMEA grant acquisition process, support the resource development department in fundraising opportunities
- Support country programs in identifying strategic opportunities and partnerships appropriate for expanding organisation’s work in addressing the housing deficit in the country
- In line with Housing and Human Settlement strategic objectives, support country programs with program development, including developing technical skills requirements for an effective and efficient donor funded development organisation and identifying existing gaps for purposes of programme effectiveness. This also includes development of sector strategies in coordination with Subject Matter Experts
- Provide regular reports between HFHI, the NOs and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in development studies, organisation development, business management or related fields. Master's preferred
- Six years’ experience minimum
- Understanding of and working experience in the Africa and/or Middle East region as well as its cultural/social/political environment
- Experience in project management
- Experience in proposal development and grant writing
- Organisational development experience
- Capacity building experience
- Operational and financial management skills
- Board development skills and capacity
- Business modelling skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic skills
- Coaching/consultancy/advisory skills
- Knowledge of human resources management
- Knowledge and experience in the field of NGOs, development, governance
- Knowledge and experience in project design and management
- Cultural awareness and ability to work in a diverse environment
- Effective communicator
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in team; including with geographically dispersed team
To apply, submit your CV along with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide salary expectation on your application.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by .
For more about Habitat for Humanity International, refer to www.habitat.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies