Common Good is a faith-based, nonprofit organisation working in a range of communities. We're passionate about addressing issues of social justice that challenge our city. We seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education, and employment so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
Common Good seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper to be based in Cape Town.
This particular role will be ensuring accurate financial information within a deadline driven environment.
- Cashbook and Creditors processing on a daily basis
- Responsibility for maintaining and recording Petty Cash
- Bookkeeping to balance sheet and income statement
- Processing on Sage Evolution
- Monthly and annual reconciliations
- Weekly and monthly income reports
- Responsibility for Fixed Asset registers and the insurance of assets
- Maintenance of general ledger accounts including creditors
- Preparation of month end and audit files for Financial Manager
- Have a sound knowledge of Sage Evolution and Excel
- Have a completed diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping;
- At least three years’ bookkeeping experience
- Advanced computer skills especially on Microsoft Office
- Strong administrative and financial bookkeeping skills
- High capacity to manage multiple financial projects from start to finish
- Be approachable and trustworthy
- Have the ability to work independently
- Interpersonal skills and display the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals and teams
- Have a mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Have advanced attention to detail
To apply, send a motivational cover letter, CV and two recent work references to Coleen Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Full job description available on request.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies