Southern African Faith Communities' Environment Institute (SAFCEI)
The Southern African Faith Communities’ Environment Institute (SAFCEI) is a multi-faith organisation committed to increasing awareness, understanding and action-taking on eco-justice, sustainable living and climate change, by faith leaders and their communities throughout Southern Africa. The organisation’s vision is for faith communities to cherish the living earth. Our mission states that we, as an Institute of people of many faiths, are united in our diversity through our common commitment to earth keeping.
SAFCEI seeks to appoint a Company Relations and Campaigns Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: As soon as possible
Report to: The Coordinator of SAFCEI’s animals-related work
This is a one-year fixed-term contract post of Company Relations & Campaigns Coordinator for appointment as soon as possible.
The position forms part of SAFCEI’s programme team. The successful candidate will be based at the organisation’s head office in Westlake, Cape Town, and
The main purpose of this job is to advance protections for farmed animals, specifically by ending the practice of battery cage farming of laying hens. Companies that operate in Southern Africa and use or sell animal products for food, will be engaged, and campaigns conducted, to persuade them to eliminate caged eggs from their supply chain.
- A university degree (or equivalent) with minimum five years’ relevant work experience
- An ability to speak authentically and with integrity and conviction from a faith perspective
- Willingness to travel away from Cape Town as needed
- High level of computer literacy
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Ability to present SAFCEI’s message professionally in both written and oral formats, including emails, letters, public presentations and high-pressure meetings with corporate executives
- Ability to think and act critically and creatively, strategically and tactically
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Social media skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Research skills
- Passionate commitment to animal rights and welfare
- Self-motivated, cooperative, tenacious, tactful and committed to continuous learning
- Fluency in one or more South African languages in addition to English
- Knowledge of farmed animal welfare issues
- A valid driver’s licence
To apply, email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of motivation
- The names and contact details (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.
For further information about the post, please email email@example.com or call 082 790 8948.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
A skills test may be administered as part of the selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SAFCEI is committed to the pursuit of diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets and building the best possible team.