Peace Parks Foundation (PPF)
Peace Parks Foundation (PPF), is a nonprofit organisation that has virtually all the powers of a normal company, but cannot have shareholders, and no profits can be paid to supporting members or directors.
PPF seeks to appoint a Digital and Social Media Officer to be based in Stellenbosch.
The Foundation is looking for someone who is talented, passionate and digitally savvy to assist the Communications Coordinator in overseeing and curating the organisation’s overall digital and social media presence.
Grow and refine the corporate web site, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other relevant digital profiles, in a manner that consistently communicates the organisation’s vision, mission, objectives and activities to various stakeholders, thereby increasing interest in the Foundation’s work and enlarging its supporter base.
A competitive salary package will be negotiated, based on qualifications and experience.
Duration: 3 years
- Oversee the organisation’s social media platforms, with and under the guidance of the Communications Coordinator and Senior Development Manager
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and development of the corporate web site
- Assist with strategies for the development and maintenance of affiliated web sites
- Assist with creating SEO-friendly content for web sites, blog posts, social media campaigns, infographics, and campaigns
- Help to create, curate, and manage all published visual content (photographs, memes, infographics, videos)
- Assist with the design and layout of other electronic visual communications products such posters, invitations, newsletters, brochures and other end-products of multimedia and design
- Develop and maintain content schedules and a social media calendar
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Analyse key metrics and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns
- Compile social media and digital ROI and ROPR reports for the Communications Coordinator
- Stay abreast of trends and best practices in social media tools, applications, channels, design, strategy and measurements of success
- Work with global and regional colleagues across teams and functions to research, develop, and share content
- Be prepared and willing to perform tasks outside the given job description when asked from time to time
- A relevant tertiary qualification in marketing and/or communications with a specific focus on digital communication strategies and tools
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a related field
- Demonstrable experience in social media campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Experience with social media content development and community engagement
- Experience in digital marketing communication techniques and web usability principles
- An understanding of web and social media analytics and metrics
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional command of the Afrikaans and English languages
- Proficiency in desktop publishing and/or graphic design
- Advanced general computer skills
- Creative and a conceptual thinker
- Motivated 'doer' - deadline driven with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Highly productive, without compromising on quality and accuracy
- Ability to simplify the complex and make it audience-friendly
- Initiative-taking, resourceful and works well independently
- Curious, detail-orientated and meticulous
- Professional and diplomatic
- Adaptable team-player
- Willing to learn
- Visually and aesthetically intelligent
- Trustworthy, honourable and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Passionate about conservation
To apply, submit cover letter detailing your interest in and suitability for the position, CV and contact details of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Mrs. Dyan Lee, Peace Parks Foundation, 11 Termo Road, Techno Park or P.O. Box 12743, Die Boord, Stellenbosch, South Africa or fax to +27 (0) 866837078.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend an interview.
For more about Peace Parks Foundation, refer to www.peaceparks.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies