Request For Proposals (RFP)
Forensic Assessments intervention by specialist forensic social workers for child cases in the court system
(Gauteng and Free State)
FHI 360 is an independent organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360, under the Capacity Development and Support (CDS) project in South Africa is leading implementation of a series of activities to prevent and respond to GBV in child and adolescent populations by strengthening the capacity of multi-disciplinary teams within the child welfare and protection sector workforce to deliver effective GBV-related prevention and response services at community level within selected districts in South Africa.
FHI 360, seeks a South African accredited forensic assessment service provider to conduct assessments to 200 children who have been sexually abused within the court system in Gauteng and Free State provinces. The Service Provider for the Forensic Social Work assessments will be expected to undertake the following illustrative tasks:
- Participate in the initial kick-off meeting after signing the contract where the selected Service Provider will be briefed to initiate the project execution phase.
- Participate in the orientation / introductory stakeholder meeting with the South African Police Service (SAPS) and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate with SAPS to receive referrals from investigating officers and/or court for a total of 200 child cases already in the court system (180 Females and 20 males)
- Forensic assessment process;
- Assignment and management of Forensic Social Workers to build rapport and administer developmental assessments.
- Conduct comprehensive, forensic assessments interviews with the children who have been sexually abused, and the relevant role players involved in child and/or implicated in the allegations.
- Finalise Forensic Assessments / Court Reports for statutory purposes for each of the children who have been sexually abused.
- Project Report.
- Be a registered South African non-profit organisation, working in South Africa
- Be accredited with the relevant professional accrediting body in South Africa
- Extensive experience in providing forensic assessments, play therapy, counselling and support for children who have been sexually abused
- Ability to work with different sectors and disciplines in the child protection sector
- Has the capacity of qualified professionals who are registered social workers and/or psychologist or registered trauma counselors – in line with the scope of practice and criteria set out by the respective councils (SACSSP and HPCSA), who have specialized training in the field of sexual abuse and specific intensive
- Ability to enable services that is sensitive to distance and driving times involved for clients
- Ability to communicate and write in multiple South African Languages is essential
The detailed request for proposals entitled “Forensic Assessments intervention” is available on the Capacity Development and Support program website http://www.capacitydev.org
Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until November 06, 2017 at 17h00 and answers posted on the website on November 08, 2017. Questions should be addressed to email@example.com and ensure the subject line states “Forensic Assessments intervention”.
All proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 13, 2017, at 17h00 South African time. Please ensure the subject line states “Forensic Assessments intervention””. Late submissions will not be considered and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.