Numeric is a small team of friendly people who are on a mission to help young South Africans excel in mathematics. More specifically, our goal is to create exciting and high impact learning environments in low income areas with a view to helping learners in Grades 6 - 8 to establish strong foundations in mathematics.
Numeric seeks to appoint a Business Development Officer to be based in Cape Town.
Start Date: January 2018
Contract Type: 12-month (subject to renewal)
- Identify, develop, and manage potential donor relationships
- Write funding proposals
- Prepare high-quality reports for funders
- Prepare and distribution of Section18A Certificates
- Administer and meticulous record-keeping
- Maintain a database of current and potential funders, with systems to track, monitor and manage incoming funds
- Create engaging marketing materials for the organisation
- Support the General Manager in the development and distribution of the Annual Report
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and to handle a wide range of tasks
- Interest in community development and education
- Relevant experience in the non-profit sector and/or marketing and sales
- At least three years of full-time work experience in the development sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of South Africa’s funding landscape (BBBEE, CSI, etc.)
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and one to two page letter of motivation to email@example.com with “Business Development Officer” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Ensure that your letter of motivation explains why you want to work for Numeric and why you would be well-suited to this position.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis so it is to your advantage to apply prior to the deadline.
For more about Numeric, refer to www.numeric.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies