Lawyers against Abuse (LvA)
Lawyers against Abuse (LvA) is an NGO based in Diepsloot, an informal settlement in the northern part of Johannesburg. We provide direct legal and psychosocial services to victims of gender-based violence (GBV), including sexual violence, domestic violence, and child abuse. LvA works closely with local state actors, including police officers, prosecutors, clerks, magistrates, and government health officials. LvA is also involved in empowerment-based community engagement initiatives school and community workshops.
LvA seeks to appoint a Financial Administrator and Office Manager on a full-time basis, based in Diepsloot, Johannesburg.
Expected Start Date: January 2018
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience and qualifications
- Creditors’ Administration: process and pay outstanding amounts; ensure that necessary documentation is received to authorise payments; prepare reconciliations
- Administration of Donor Funds: reconciliation of LvA donor accounts in-house financial systems and donor contracts or agreements; keep records of all donor contracts or agreements; produce financial reports and statements on donor funds when required
- Organisational Finances: assist Executive Director with annual operating budget; conduct monthly and quarterly analysis including budget-to-actual and cash flow; prepare forecasts
- Project Finances: assist project leaders with budgeting for projects; allocate and monitor project expenditures; prepare financial reports for projects
- Procurement: process requests for purchase of goods and services; advises project staff of suppliers, price and quality of goods procurement; assist project staff to understand and comply with procurement policy and procedures
- General Financial Administration: manage petty cash; manage staff reimbursements according to policies; conduct monthly bank reconciliation; sub-ledger processing and update the general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and prepare all ledger reconciliations; prepare monthly management accounts; prepare annual financial statements for annual audit and assist auditors in finalising the annual audit
- Payroll: manage salary payments; maintain employee records; engage with 3rd party service provider
- Office Maintenance: manage plumbing, electricity, internet and general upkeep as needed; monthly purchase of office supplies
- Marketing and Communications Support: assist with developing and printing marketing materials, newsletters, social media, website and photographing LvA activities
- Fundraising and Development Support: assist with fundraising events; generate private funding through fundraising platforms such as GivenGain, Global Giving, and MySchool.
- Degree or at least a relevant Diploma in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum three years’ experience with donor funded organisation with strong financial systems, controls and procedures
- Understanding of NGO sector and financial management of donor funds
- High level computer literacy skills, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in Sage beneficial
- Analytical, report writing and general communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, both individually and in a team
- Time management, attention to detail, and ability to prioritise
- Be a mature and ethical individual with high personal standards of trustworthiness, honesty, accountability, and discretion
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Late applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
LvA reserves the right to not hire for this position should no suitable candidates apply.
To know more about Lawyers against Abuse, refer to www.lva.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies