The Haven Night Shelter Welfare Organisation
The Haven Night Shelter Organisation is a non-governmental organisation that works to help get the homeless to a home. The Haven Night Shelter Organisation’s method is to make temporary shelter, rehabilitation opportunities, social welfare services, family reunification services, physical care and support available to adult people living on the streets who are committed to reintegration.
The Haven Night Shelter seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
Reporting to: The Manager
Salary: R12 700 per month
Job Type: Permanent
The Social Worker will be responsible for all social welfare services and the development of and monitoring of PDP’s and Exit plans for 106 clients.
- Qualified Social Worker registered with SACSSP in South Africa
- Code 08 drivers licence essential -non-negotiable
- Successful candidate will need to match The Shelter Manager’s work programme
- Experience in managing client information, is a pre-requisite
- Efficient handling of PDP with Exit Plans
- Experience in scheduling reviews, including the reviews of the exit date
- Experience in commencing group work within 3 weeks of taking over. Starting with at least 6 hours of group work per week
- No criminal record
- Ability to work well with people as a team
- Computer literacy – MS Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, a 2nd language would be beneficial
- Experience in the NGO sector will be advantages
To apply, submit a motivational letter indicating why you are interested in the position, together with your CV of no more than three pages to the HR Manager: email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Social Worker Retreat" in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you don't receive a response within two weeks of closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about the Haven Night Shelter Welfare, refer to www.haven.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies