South African Breastmilk Reserve (SABR)
SABR is a nonprofit, human milk-banking organisation, founded in 2003. While we are primarily an altruistic milk-banking network, we also focus on breastfeeding advocacy and promotion in order to increase the practice of breastfeeding in South Africa.
The Board of the SABR seeks to appoint Non-Executive Board Directors from the legal, medical and health sectors, who have knowledge and experience in business, the NGO sector, relevant legislation, donors and fundraising.
These positions are available immediately.
The purpose is to participate actively in Board meetings as a voting member and to provide a source of information and reference for the Chair and other Board members.
- Providing strategic leadership and general organisation oversight
- Policy development
- Fiduciary oversight
- Assistance with fundraising strategies
- Facilitating risk management
- Counter-signing various documents as specified by the Chair of the Board
- A qualification in the Medical or related field
- Understanding of the King IV report on corporate governance
- Previous experience working with a variety of donors, such as USAID, CDC, UN agencies, the World Bank and other foundations, is preferred
- Preferably five years' relevant experience working in an NGO environment
- Spoken and written communication skills
- High personal and ethical standards
- A passion for saving the lives of the vulnerable
To apply, send a full CV with reference details to Karin Pretorius email@example.com
For more about the South African Breast Milk Reserve, refer to www.sabr.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other